Sault Ste. Marie is a great place to do business for a number of reasons. For starters, international consultant KPMG ranked it as one of the top communities in Ontario in an International Competitive Analysis.
For businesses, Sault Ste. Marie offers:
Efficient and diverse transportation systems such as rail, highway, marine and air
- A non-disruptive and efficient border point to the United States via the I-75 and access to the Trans-Canada Highway
- Convenient and direct access to major international airport hubs and international supply chains
- Excellent logistics and manufacturing infrastructure
- Research and operating capacity to access bio-resources
- Direct access to all major fibre optic networks and international fibre optic connections
- Updated zoning bylaws improve local development and allow appropriate zoning to accommodate new businesses and help diversify the local economy
Government incentives in areas such as technology, innovation, training, site acquisition, infrastructure and manufacturing
- Highly-skilled and technical workforce available, along with modern post-secondary institutions
Superb quality of life reflecting value and unparalleled opportunities.